Thursday, March 13, 2014

Day 8 - 40 Days of Blogging

Ellie - 18 Months!

It's just crazy that my little girl is 18 MONTHS! Seriously! Somehow time seems to magically go faster after you have a child, but I swear when you have a 2nd child, it goes even faster!

This girl...she really is the best. It has been so much fun to raise a daughter the past 18 months. And so different from my boy. It is so much fun to watch her grow. She was the littlest peanut when she was born and now she has grown into the 85ish percentile for weight! And boy is she a busy little girl. She doesn't slow down...at all!

I get such a kick out of watching her play. She runs EVERYWHERE! Ask her to go get something, she takes of running. Ask her to come with you, she runs right behind you. It's super cute to watch!

She loves to give kisses. She is a girly-girl, but can definitely hold her own. She loves when we tell her how pretty she is...and goes to Daddy every morning and points to her 'pretty hair' or 'pretty outfit'...and then Daddy gushes over just how beautiful she is. Melts my heart...love it!

Since I recently started putting her hair in a ponytail or pigtails...she always has to come look at my hair...and then we talk about how we both have ponytails in our hair. She loves that we are the same...and I love that she love it! ;)

She knows just what buttons to push to make her brother upset. For example - she has this really high-pitch icky sounding scream/yell that she does. And she will do it right in Isaiah's face. It really upsets him that she screams at him. To the point of tears sometimes. And all I can do is think...oh man, my little boy better toughen up and my little girl better tone it down! Ha!

Elle-belle LOVES Bailey. And Bailey has a very strong love-hate relationship with Ellie. She hates being smothered by her, but will tolerate it for food! ;)

And although I mentioned she knows how to get Zay going - boy does she LOVE her brother! If he is excited about something, she is excited! If he gets in trouble, she will be checking on him until he's out of timeout. If he is sad, she is concerned. If he is gone, she points to the pictures on the wall and says "Zay-Zay"! And they are getting better and better about actually having fun and playing together! What a blessing that I get to watch this relationship develop. I pray that they are always close!

Ellie's health has been super great! We have been blessed by a much easier journey (health-wise) with our second born. Her PKU is well managed and her and Zay have almost the exact same diet right now. Her formula recipe is 100mg Periflex formula, 150g skim milk + water. The skim milk will eventually be replaced with additional food, so she can eat a little more protein from food when she is older. She is getting 125mg Phe from food, which is the same as Zay. So I literally make the same amounts of food for them both, which has been great! When Ellie gets a cold, she gets over it 10 times faster than Zay. She rarely has problems sleeping...even if she is sick. Soooo much different than Zay! I'm pleased that we don't have to have 2 years of not sleeping through the night, like we had with Zay! Thanks, Elle-belle...your mama likes sleep! :)

Ellie only has 4 teeth right now! But I think she is getting another one too. She is taking forever to get teeth, but it does not slow her down from eating! She eats everything Zay does!!

I will be taking some 'official' 18 month pictures in the next week or so...but here are some snapshots from our day today! :)

Typical...one pigtail pulled out! 

Love her!

She can get ANYWHERE she wants...she is most likely about to bother poor Bailey!

1 comment:

Aaron and Erin said...

My goodness she is a doll! I just want to squeeze her to pieces! Her hair cracks me up, its like her hair has a personality of its own, love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...