Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Day 1 - 40 Days of Blogging

Hide and Seek.

Some days Zay will beg me to play hide-and-seek. And seriously...this might be my least favorite game. It simply expels a lot of energy...that well, I need to save for laundry if I plan to ever attack the mountain at the end of my bed. But all-in-all, I have learned the great art of hollering 'I wonder where Zay could be!' in a great curiosity-infused tone! I do this while walking into every room pretending to look in every nook and cranny, turning around in circles, because you know he can definitely see me from two rooms down, so I want to make certain my acting is legit. All the while, I can hear where the soft giggles are coming from and I know with almost guaranteed certainty that he is in his normal hiding spot...mom and dad's bed! And even though I really don't enjoy going through the motions of hide-and-seek I can anticipate the the huge smile it will bring to MY face when I discover him...sitting patiently on our bed. And he can't stop from hiding his heartfelt thankfulness that I am playing his game. 

I often wonder...do we sometimes think that we are 'fooling' God while we are busy having fun, giggling our way through life? Like He doesn't know exactly where we are at? What our hearts are feeling? Do we think that we can really 'hide' from him? And when He finds us and brings us close...I can just imagine a great big smile on His face. And me...why yes, I am most definitely filled with thankfulness for God to once again reveal that in this life He is seeking me. He is finding me even in my silly games of hiding from Him. Amen to that. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...