Saturday, March 8, 2014

Day 4 - 40 Days of Blogging

Exercise.

Now here is a post for ya...2014 seems to be the year that I might actually consistently exercise for the ENTIRE year. Well, maybe I shouldn't get that excited about it, but so far so good this year! It's only been about, ummm, maybe...4 years or so since I can say I've worked out consistently. That might be an exaggeration, but not by much. ;)

For some reason, it takes me a while...a LONG while to get back into the whole exercise thing after I have babies. It's probably something to do with a little thing called sleep. I need it. And when I don't get it...well the idea of doing anything beyond the necessary daily tasks is a bit overwhelming.

Zay didn't consistently sleep through the night for TWO years...(he had many health problems that didn't help this cause), and Ellie was a bit better, as she started sleeping all night around 4 months, and was doing it consistently by 6 months. Yay!

So...now that I get to sleep, I feel like I can wake up and get a workout in...most days! I don't think I would be nearly as excited about this if it weren't for my extremely dedicated husband! I call him "trainer Shane", because if I need to know anything about working out - he's my guy. He researches a lot about fitness and then practices what he preaches! Good motivation!

Here are a few of my favorite workouts...I really like body weight workouts. Something to get my heart going, give me variety, and maybe even make me feel a bit sore the next day to prove I did work hard! ;) I'm not really competitive...as in, not at all, I just want to feel accomplished with my workouts. And these workouts are just modified ideas from blogs, instagram feeds and facebook pages I follow. I am NOT a trainer, so these workouts could be horrible, but they seem to work for me. And I do try to switch things up every so often, too! :)



1 comment:

Aaron and Erin said...

Looks like awesome workouts! I hate burpees though like big time don't like them but love planks, Workout 3 looks like one I'd like! Aaron is dedicated too, he is at yoga class right now. I'm about to eat 3 mini cinnamon doughnuts, working out would be nice but doughnuts sound better now :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...