Sunday, December 12, 2010

Zay's Birthday Party

This last weekend we had Zay's 1st birthday party. We had a super day of celebrating Zay! Unfortunately, the reality of having a December birthday often means the chance of a big snow storm putting a damper on our plans! Thankfully our close family was still able to make it!

The table of all our snacks...lots of things Zay can eat too...fruits and veggies!

Zay first low protein birthday cake! Obviously I need to work on my cake decorating skills for future years!

Cupcakes for everyone else!

Zay waiting for all his guests to arrive!

Just happy to be playing with some of my favorite peeps!

Getting ready to dig into that cake!

He knew just what to do! I was a little worried about if he would like his cake or maybe that he would like it cake TOO MUCH. Zay has only been eating fruits and veggies up to this point in his life. We haven't even introduced him to juice yet, because our dietitian said often times PKU kids will like juice better than their formula, so it's better to get them used to the foods and drinks that he HAS to have and then introduce new things.

"Wow, this is sweet!"

Yummy!

Papa Jim & Grandma Becky

Grandma Judy & Daddy

Aunt Kendra & Uncle Tyler

Cousins Wyatt & Izzy

Time for presents!

Playing with my new basketball hoop.

Later on in the day the Duncan twins came over! And they brought with them a very thoughtful gift. Our church small group went in together and got us some low protein food! They contacted our dietitian in Iowa City and everything. How thoughtful!

Thanks everyone for spending time with me on my birthday! I loved playing with everyone and have really been enjoying my new toys/clothes/books! Love you all, Zay!



4 comments:

Julie said...

Looks like Isaiah had a great 1st birthday party! You did a great job on the cake too. Noah wouldn't dig in his like that. He looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! My son couldn't have cared less about his cake at his first party...glad to see Zay liked his! What a thoughtful gift from your small group!!! Lo pro foods can cost so much...so that is awesome of them to get that for you!

Jennifer Rice said...

What a great party! Your cake looks great! You and Julie are both better than I am at decorating them. Julie's tasted wonderful too. Carson wouldn't even eat it on his birthday, but he did eat some at Noah's party. I am like you, I hadn't fed Carson anything except fruits and veggies, milk and water. When I took him off rice cereal I started him on Cheerios. Then after Noah's birthday party Carson got hooked on graham crackers. He still refuses juice though, but I'm not complaining! He loves his water! I've also been experimenting with some lopro foods. I'll email you about those later. Happy Birthday again Zay!

Paul, Abby, and Jillian Hovey said...

Jackee, Zay is such a cutie! Looks like you had such a fun time celebrating his big one year of life! Can't wait to meet him this weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...