Wednesday, May 16, 2012

motherhood

It's been a long week around our house...full of sad little puffy eyes, coughing fits, and snot...lots and lots of snot. We are trying desperately to make the best of it. Zay is a little boy full of determination to be happy and play even when he feels yucky. 


We've had a toddler join us in bed for the last few nights. Makes for challenging and sleepless nights for all of us. I'm not sure if it's just because I'm pregnant or what, but my own body isn't dealing well with the lack of sleep coupled with the whiny days of a needy little boy. But my heart breaks more for Zay and I'm finding it to be an honor to be the one he wants and the one he needs. Even though Daddy tries and helps where he can, I can't resist dragging myself out of bed when I hear him cry for his mama. Even if when it means I'm exhausted and coming down with the sickness myself. This is motherhood.


Hoping to see happier eyes in the next few days. And praying for patience and maybe a little more sleep!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...