Thursday, April 26, 2012

The weekend is coming!

It's been one of those weeks... 

The kind of weeks that I went through almost habitually in Zay's first year of life. But I suppose I'm out of practice. Lots of doctors appointments, prescription changes, other obligations, house hunting, yada, yada, yada. I just wasn't forecasting the week to be what it was. Busy and stressful. 

And by stressful, I don't mean that it was really that stressful. I think it was just a blend of wacked-out hormones from a pregnant lady mixed with emotions that hadn't surfaced in awhile and an energetic two year old that just doesn't entirely understand how to stay on the easy and undemanding path of childhood. Ok, so maybe it can be classified as stressful. 

I don't think I'll go into the infinite details. Instead, I'm going to choose to focus on the fact that overall there was still some balance. So important balance. When there is bad, there is good too...it just has to be found!

And we found it this morning. On a walk. Embracing the sunshine. 



Of course our walk had to have a pit stop. Zay spent a good amount of time at the slide. Gathering rocks, climbing to the top and sending them down, shortly followed by himself screeching "Whee" and "Whoa"!


And I decided I would perch myself right here. Comfortably seated beneath the big shade tree.


I had a frequent visitor, bringing me sand, dandelions and sticks. All necessary items should I want to enjoy my time on the bench. 




Busy, Mom. I'm just plain busy.


While sitting on my designated bench, I watched Zay carefully select which dandelions he was going to bring to me. I was so aware of his independent playing today. I felt like he was so alone. Not that he was minding at all. He was happily finding adventures everywhere he looked, but I was reminded how thankful I am to be giving him a little brother or sister. I pray that their bond is close. That their playtime together is cherished. I know it will be by their mama at least.


Oh, and speaking of said little sibling - we will know next week if it will in fact be a little boy or girl! BEYOND EXCITED! Stay tuned.


And in other news...we purchased a new carseat for Zay. He's been creeping up on the weight limit for the first one we bought him when he was a little 6 or 7 month old. And his head was nearly hanging over the top of the seat, so we traded up. Lucky us to get to buy three carseats before age 3. I suppose now we will know to check weight limits when buying such purchases. Go big or go home. 


As soon as it was out of the box, it was Zay's entertainment for the rest of the evening!



And Scout needed to be strapped into the seat too!


Hmmmm...I think it meets his expectations.


2 comments:

Katherine said...

He's too cute!

Paul and Abby Hovey said...

Jackee, we are so excited to find out what you guys are having! Keep us posted! We know Zay will be a fantastic big brother and we are thrilled this baby will be blessed with parents like you and Shane!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...