Monday, April 23, 2012

Backpacks & PJs

We've had a slight obsession with our backpack lately. Seems when the backpack gets strapped on, the energy level skyrockets in our house and the boy is set into motion...fast-paced running from one end of the house to the other. It's comical. I don't really get the correlation, but I like it. 



In this particular moment I had a two-year old literally circling me as fast as he could. Until he would finally pounce on my back and laugh, laugh, laugh. In the can-hardly-breathe-it's-so-funny kind of way!

Trying to slow him down for a moment, I asked him if he wanted to try one of the Smarties I was eating. Pure sugar is always a good idea for an over-hyper two year old. I know this to be true. ;)

It slowed him down alright.



"Mom! I need some of your water to get the sweeeet taste out!" Ok - he didn't really say that to me, but that's what his face was saying!


I seem to have taken a lot of PJ pictures lately. Made me wonder...are we in our PJs that much? Most likely.


I do know why the PJ pics below were taken. We are about to head out for dinner here. I think Zay got a bath around 4:30ish and I just wasn't going to dirty another pair of clothes when the PJs would be adequate for the remainder of the evening. I hadn't intended on eating dinner out, but sometimes Shane and I just get crazy-fun ideas and we go out. In our sweats. And Zay's in his PJs.

Most of the time I'm secretly hoping I don't see anyone I know. Well really, it's not secretly...I almost never want to be seen in my 10-year-old sweats from high school, and my son in PJs at 5 in the afternoon, but somehow I still venture out of the house anyway!


We were almost ready to go when the Laker game decided to go into double overtime. Shane and I were both so excited to watch the game. Our little boy? Not so much.



Threatening to leave by himself...


Guess what, Zay....LAKERS won, and we can go now!


But first...let's make the already celebrated outfit even more fabulous. On with the sweatshirt!


Upon arriving home, Zay assisted in brushing Bongo. There's not much I don't love about these two pictures. 


And just for proof that we do get dressed some days........Zay had his first dentist appointment today, and miraculously he was dressed! ;)



1 comment:

Aaron and Erin Hyde said...

Halirious! Love that you guys are rockin' the pj's!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...