Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Loving these moments...

We tend to hit the park frequently. Often going back for second and third helpings most weeks. Small town living just lends itself to finding the simple pleasures of things like parks. 

But last week was special. We packed up and headed to our neighboring town's park. With Daddy. It was good. A perfect Friday evening, with the sun shining and the ideal play-yard to make our little guy happy. 

It's so good to have Daddy along. He makes the already fun atmosphere so much grander. Climbing to the top of these whatchamacallits and giving Zay brilliant ideas of things to try. ;)

 

Thankfully, Zay doesn't always absorb the climbing skills of his father and opts to get himself caught up in the easier obstacles.


He moves about the park at lighting speed. Eager to try out the each slide, swing and merry-go-round. No exceptions. Each one must be tried and tested!





Ready Zay? 1...2...3...JUMP! This is perhaps the cutest thing watch, put forth with the most effort in the world.



And then there are moments. The moments I love. Moments that I'm not even sure I'm aware of while they are happening, but it always melts my heart when I get home and look at the pictures. It never gets old.  Pictures of Shane and Zay that continually remind me just how great life is.





As you know, the little guy is growing up with a hunger to be just like Daddy. I see it everyday and I love it. Remember the pocket thing? It keeps showing up. And proof that his Daddy does it too.



It may not seem like it, but I do play too. I teeter-totter and merry-go-round right along with them!



The little man sure is growing up. I feel like I literally see it happening each day. I'm so proud of my "big" little boy.




It wasn't an extravagant Friday night. But it was our's. Every bit of the fun that was captured makes it a first-class Friday night.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Looks like lots of fun! :)

J-D-K-G said...

Awesome, Jackee! Love that shadow pic! Our Friday nights sound strangely similar :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...