Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Expecting a daughter

Pink, baby dolls, bows and dresses. Baby girl, I am so ready for you! I am by no means a crazy 'girly-girl' myself and get a lot of pleasure out of playing with basketballs, trucks, trains and legos. (Most likely thanks to growing up with two brothers) And to be truthful, I didn't imagine our little babe to be a girl until the morning of our ultrasound. I've probably accidentally called her "he" or "him" more times than I'd like to admit! But since finding out that "she's" a "her"....I've been on a joyride of all things girl! 

Driving to our appointment yesterday morning both Shane and I had a feeling that for some reason, we'd find out that our precious little baby was in fact little girl that day. So weird, because if you've ever had a conversation with me about baby predictions, I've usually anticipated being a mom to all boys. So thankful that God is blessing us with an opportunity to raise both a boy and a girl! 

We went on our brunch date and revealed that we are in fact having a baby girl...do I look a little excited? I'm actually probably a more surprised than anything. :)


It was one of the funnest and most memorable mornings we've had. A day that I will remember always. The same exact kind of excitement that filled our day 3+ years ago when we discovered Isaiah was a little boy! Our ultrasound took a long time and we both enjoyed every meaningful moment of it! We will be delivering our little girl at University of Iowa Hospitals. I love that place. We've had unmatched hospitality there with Isaiah's doctors, so when I figured out I could deliver our next baby there, I signed up! I've been so pleased with their level of care, not just for medical, but from a relational angle as well. People are just plain nice there! 

During our ultrasound a UofI medical student accompanied us and was observing, and participating in the ultrasound. We really got to hear the technician explaining, in detail what they were seeing and looking for. How cool!  

And best of all, they found no concerns! Praise God! They did find our little girl to be measuring a little smaller than what my due date would suggest, but only about a week off, so they won't be changing any dates or worrying about this since it's within the normal range. Shane later told me that this made him further think that we were having a girl because she's petite. Zay measured bigger at our 20 week ultrasound. I guess maybe we'll have big boys and little girls! Although, she's got a lot of time to make up for that growth!

We immediately went shopping for a little girl's dress upon opening our envelope at our brunch date. I wanted to have something for Zay to open up and signify what his new little sibling would be! This was probably more for me more than my boys! Zay was excited to open a present, but then was really unsure of what to do with a dress! 





This face tells it all. "What do you want me to do with this Mom!?!?!" Admittedly, he was much more animated about the toy garage and cars he got as a "big brother" gift! He's going to be the best big brother to his little sister! 




3 comments:

Abby and Paul Hovey said...

Jackee, we are so thrilled for you guys! Little girls are so much fun and you will always have that daughter to do the "girly" things with. Sounds like you and Shane had a very memorable day!

Jennifer Rice said...

Yea!!!! I am SOOOOO excited for you!!! You will be just like us again...a boy first, then a girl! That is wonderful. I am just so thrilled I can't get over it. I'm like you, not much of a frilly girl and I love sports. Boys seem easy to me. I'm so happy to have a girl to share my girly stuff with now. You will be so blessed and enjoy every moment, I know. :) Congrats!!!

Aaron and Erin Hyde said...

Zay's face does crack me up! Like really, a dress mom? LOL! It is very exciting, I've already been thinking about some good girl stuff that I want to keep my eye out for!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...