Thursday, July 5, 2012

Baby Girl Update

I'm finally getting around to writing an update on our little girl. The past couple of weeks have been a bit of an emotional roller coaster for us.

We had another ultrasound June 26th to check our little girl's growth and see how she is doing overall. Unfortunately, we weren't presented with any re-assuring news, rather the doctors found another thing they want to monitor...

Our sweet little gal is still small. Particularly her head size is the concern, but she is small all over too. I'm told that this is good. The fact that she is proportionate is a good thing, in contrast to if she had a small head and bigger body. So I'm grateful that she is petite all over! However, the doctors still do not have any answers for this, and we are all hoping and praying that she is just developing and growing on her own growth curve. 

The other concern we found on the 26th was with the cord. There was concern with the systolic/diastolic ratio being intermittently absent. Basically meaning our little girl was having to work harder to get the nutrients from the placenta.

We were told that we needed to come back in a week so they could take another look at the cord and fluids. If the S/D ratio gets worse, we would then need to be monitored weekly in order to assess when baby girl would need to be delivered (basically if it reaches a certain point, it's not safe for baby to be inside me anymore, and we would need to be induced). Praise God a week later - everything looked perfect in three different locations on the cord!!!!

That follow-up appointment was this last Tuesday and like I said before. Everything went as good as we could have hoped. Although, I still don't feel like we are out of the woods yet...we go back again in 2 weeks for yet another ultrasound to check on EVERYTHING again. Her size, the cord, the fluids, etc.



We are praying that she is growing and healthy and we ride out these last two months with less concern than the previous months have been.

There is no doubt that the power of our friend's and family's prayers have sustained us through these uncertainties. I feel like I've been through some of the same emotions I went through when we found out about Zay's PKU/thyroid...only this time I'm pregnant, have EXTRA hormones involved and do not have any answers. This feeling of being so far out-of-control to what is happening to your child is very humbling. Through God's strength, my husband's unwavering reassurance, my little boy's outpouring of love & joy and the support of our family/friends I've truly felt blessed.

I know that our little girl is absolutely perfect, regardless of what they see on an ultrasound or what the outcomes might be. I will do everything I can do to give her the best care I can right now, knowing that God is watching over us and He ultimately knows what is best...for her, for me, and for our family. And right now that is enough for me to get through another two weeks of not knowing any more information.

One good thing about having to have so many ultrasounds...we have an amazing amount of pictures of our little gal! When I look back at all these, I'm amazed at how much she changes in just a matter of weeks/months! We love our little girl so much and we are so excited for the day we get to hold her in our arms!



3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, Jackee, I am so sorry to read this. I know the feeling all too well. I will keep you and your little girl in my thoughts and prayers. Miracles do happen and I am hopeful she will be born perfectly healthy and normal. Stay strong!

Chris and Lora said...

Thinking about you! Hope everything progresses well for lil miss A

J-D-K-G said...

Just read your update, Jackee. Praying for the little miss and for your heart-peace, love and joy to you. Wish we lived closer-would love to give you a BIG hug!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...