Monday, July 30, 2012

Nesting...

I think the nesting urge has hit me! Although, I have 7 weeks to go, I know that there is a lot that needs to happen in those 7 weeks! 

If everything goes as planned, we will be moving right before our little girl is born. However, up until this point things haven't really been working out as planned (issues with our new house that are completely out of our control) so we might be moving AFTER she is born...we will see! 

Either way, I'm trying very hard to take things in stride and know that even if we don't get moved beforehand, I'm blessed that this time after having a baby I will be staying home rather than returning to work. This will allow me time to unpack, organize, and decorate when I have time and not be rushed. I'm also counting on having my mom and my mother-in-law around for some extra hands...and to help me stay sane with all the moving, renovating, entertaining a 2 year old and getting to know a brand-new baby! Thank goodness for family!!!

In the mean time all I can do is pack and prepare...so I'm finding myself coming up with small ways to fulfill my need to nest! :)

With the renovations we are doing to our new house, Shane and I found a picture of these shelves and spice racks that we will incorporate into our new kitchen! I like how clean and organized they look! And so much nicer than storing our spices in the plastic containers they come in!


A few weeks ago we picked up the jars/shelves while on a trip to Ikea with my parents. Along with my little helper, I washed, labeled and transferred the spices over! 



Screwing the lids on was the perfect job for this little guy!


All done! Aren't they pretty! Just have to pick up a few more jars, but they are all ready to be put on the shelves in our new kitchen! Yay!



2 comments:

Sarah said...

So fun! Love the spice jars!

Aaron and Erin Hyde said...

Love the spice jars! It has me wondering where I can incorporate these now myself... :)

We are going to IKEA in 2 weeks, do you want me to pick some up for you while up there????

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...