Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The time is always right to do what is right.

Are there ever times when you just stand in awe of what humanity is capable of?


It’s quite alarming.


Controversy…this is not my strong point. I won’t pretend that it is. I tend to steer clear of arguments, disagreements, and especially deliberate discussions on political subjects. With that being said, I also believe there is a time and place for standing up for what is right. So many times people shy away from these disagreements because they fear of not being accepted. I tend to believe this happens in a number of different areas of people’s lives. Not speaking truth, for fear of being dissected, exposed, and made to feel inferior. I don’t believe this is how God intended for us to live. When something is wrong, someone has to say something. Only those who are truly strong can face this kind of opposition with grace and love. One must choose the higher road and tell the truth with love.


I’ve been relatively silent on the attacks made upon my Dad this past week. Most people I come into contact with on a daily basis, aren't aware of what is going on at Lake Delhi. I live an hour away from the happenings of this controversy, but I live close in heart to my Dad. For this reason I choose to not be silent in defending my Dad. I’ve known him and my mom longer than I’ve known anyone else. Therefore, I know my Dad’s character and it deserves to be heard.


It is clear that my Dad doesn’t need his daughter running to his defense, as there have been hundreds of statements reflecting support of my Dad’s 100% commitment to his own values and beliefs. Not to mention his commitment to his love of Lake Delhi. However, there are those that have to point the finger outward, all the while knowing the truth stands firm in opposition to anything they can loosely compile against it. I’ve never known him to falsely inform anyone about anything. I’ve never seen him purposefully hurt anyone. Even while trying to defend the truth, his intensions are not to cause harm, but to let people have their rights and at the very least let them have pertinent and truthful information so they can form their own opinion. This should not be disallowed, but rather encouraged.


It’s my hope that people will understand the commitment and loyalty my Dad has shown to them. And realize that he is one of the few that are willing to literally go to bat for them.


I feel for my mom and dad right now. They’ve taken on so much more than their share. They’ve poured their heart out in helping the Lake Delhi situation. They want the lake back just as bad as everyone else. But I commend them for not standing behind dishonest people, who clearly cannot answer the questions of those supporting them.


Life is about more than just a Lake. Life is about standing behind what you are doing. Life is more than merely spending a summer boating. Life is about being able to sign your name at the end of the day…knowing your actions are who you want to be. Life is about people. Loving them. Supporting them. Encouraging them. Life is not about deception and secrets. Life is only for a moment, we have eternity with God. Therefore, I choose to stand behind what is right on this earth, and know that God will bless us in eternity for it.


"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...