Wednesday, March 16, 2011

27 years…

Today is my husband’s 27th birthday!

I met my husband when he was 20. Just a wee little baby! And yes, I can say that because I am approximately 11 months older than him…nearly a full year! He woke up this morning telling me that he felt like an old man. Sorry, honey – you aren’t allowed to say that, because that makes me an old lady!

Wow…it really was 7 years ago that you were turning 20 years old. Little did either of us know that just a couple months after your 20th birthday you would be sitting next to me in a Principles of Marketing class. Little did we know that a small conversation in class would become an amazing friendship, that neither one of us could turn away from. Only God knew that shortly after our friendship began, it would turn into the most important relationship we would have on this earth. And little did we know after only 8 short months of dating and less than a year after first meeting one another, we would be engaged to be married! And little did we know that we would be blessed to have a little red-headed boy named Isaiah just five years after we first laid eyes on each other. Obviously…we knew very little in 2004 :)...and it’s been an amazing journey to 2011.

I’m so blessed to have spent the past 7 birthdays celebrating with you. I truly look forward to celebrating your next 65 birthdays with you. I’m so happy you are in my life, and I’m blessed enough to get to call you my husband.

I pray that today, on your 27th birthday… You are happy. You are blessed. You are spoiled. You are celebrated. Your are cherished. You are loved.

You deserve it!

You have all my love! And as your little boy would say….I love you THIS much!!!!!!

Zay loves you. I love you. Have a fantastic happy birthday, babe!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...