Thursday, January 17, 2013

The New Digs


We've lived in our house for 4+ months now.

If my memory serves me correctly, I have yet to post a single picture of our new digs. Trouble is, there really isn't a "completed room". In fact, I cannot recall a single moment when our entire house has been picture perfect, let alone picture worthy. Having a baby less than 2 weeks after moving in kind of slows the remodeling-unpacking-decorating process down.

Even with very few pictures on the walls and decorations scattered sparingly around, I love our comfy home. We have put a lot of love and a lot sweat into this house. It's quite common for a power drill to be sitting on our kitchen counter and stud-finder to be left on the laundry room floor.

So, although not perfect and we most likely could show you imperfections in our work, we have stories to tell about this home. I spent the majority of my final month of pregnancy scrubbing tiles and changing electrical outlets (I assure you...the electricity was OFF while I did this!) :)

And now. Now, that we are moved and settled. I have kiddos to care for. Admittedly, I consistently prefer a spic-n-span type of home, but have quickly learned how to be okay with fingerprints on the windows and crumbs on the floor. And I've surprised myself with just how okay I am with this. I will never regret making play-doh snakes instead of doing dishes, or singing patty-cake instead of making the bed. So I share these photos not to prove we have a perfect home, but to show where we are right now. From September until now...with a baby, holidays, birthday, and most recently a bad bout of the flu in between...I'd say we've done alright. Hopefully in another four months it will reflect even more of our home.


Dining/Living/Kitchen

Please excuse the blank walls...work-in-progress! :) 





That rocking chair sticks out like a sore thumb...but it was my grandparent's and I hope to give it a "facelift" one day.



Rocking chair...see comment above. :)

I've never had a pantry before...LOVE! 



Zay's corner of the living room... 

Zay's Room

Zay picked the colors for his room...blue & yellow! 

My mom made Zay (& Ellie's) curtains and quilts for their beds. Love them! 

Grandma Judy bought Zay (& Ellie's cribs)...love those too!

Ellie's Room

Ellie's already got her big girl bed in her room too...garage sale find that we couldn't pass up! 

Love Ellie's crib and quilt...so girlie!

Master Bedroom



I (sort of) made the bed for you... :)

2 comments:

Aaron and Erin Hyde said...

LOVE IT! First off, I really love the floors,perfect color to offset the light walls. It feels very light and airy, I like that feeling. I love my white kitchen and think they look so timeless and yours looks GREAT. Missing outside pics though...how am I suppose to know when I've made it to the Austerman's front door? You really have your knives just hanging on your wall? Craziness lady! But I love what you've done to the house and Ellie's bed room is cute and girly! I agree, don't rush into putting stuff up on your walls until you find just what you like, I've changed our walls too much and now I have some big holes that aren't very repairable so I think it's wise to think about it before throwing stuff on the walls. Glad you got around to sharing some pics of the new digs... looks fabulous!

Lindsay Slavin said...

I love it! It looks like a beautiful home to me. And that's exactly what it is - a home! :) I hope you're all feeling better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...