Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Because someday I will laugh...

I am posting these pictures, because someday (hopefully) I will be able to laugh at all my failed attempts of perfecting my parenting skills, specifically today, teaching table manners...



Licking the plate clean...yes ma'am!

(This is after he removes all of the items he would no long like to eat and gentlely places them on the table...or feeds them to the dogs)



And this has become quite a habit too...

Feet on the table!

He generally will finish eating and then will kick back, like he's relaxing and has a full belly...and the feet go right up on the table!

I really struggle keeping my laughter to myself when things like this are happening. I mean, if you could see his smashed nose on the other side of the plate and the cutest little piggys next to your plate of food, you'd have a hard time dicisplining too!


Obviously I'm taking this lack of table manners very seriously...that's exactly why I ran to get the camera - so he wouldn't see me laughing at his sly little smiles! We are BOTH working on better behaviors! :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Just go ahead and laugh! He will outgrow putting his feet on the table, surely. These moments are here and gone so fast! You sure have a cute little boy :)

Jennifer Rice said...

We can't help but laugh because they are too cute! I'm right there with you. Carson still throws some food on the floor despite my best efforts to change that habit, and he still ends up needing a bath after he eats. Frustrating, but they sure are fun to watch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...