Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Stay at Home Mom

In a few posts back, I mentioned I might expand my thoughts on becoming a stay at home mom.

I had a LONG post written out on how we got to the position we are in, but then decided I wouldn’t actually post it. Not sure exactly why, but I just thought there was an easier way to explain and share why we are doing what we are doing.

The long and short of it, we are whole heartedly trying to follow God’s will in our life.

I recently read the following statement on a blog and felt like it hit the nail on the head for this big change in our life. God doesn’t just want us to call ourselves people of faith. God wants His people to live lives that actually require faith. There’s a difference.

Shane and I talked so much about me being a fulltime mommy, that we finally got to the point that it wasn’t a matter of if, it was a matter of when and how.

My convictions became very apparent that I needed to be home. Not because I don’t enjoy working. Not because I’m unhappy at my job. Not because we are moving. Not because I’m not a successful mom while working. Pure and simple, at this point in my life I’m called to be a mom to Isaiah. It’s hard to leave a great job, but there will be a dozen ‘perfect’ jobs come and go in my lifetime. I have ONE opportunity to raise my child, and this job will never present itself again. Now or never.

God answered our prayers. And although all the details aren’t exactly worked out yet, we are living our life with faith that God will walk with us through this change. He will be our sustainer through leaving the familiar and exploring unmarked territory.

Our house will officially be on the market on Monday. Yahoo! Let the process begin. Praying for a great family to fall in love with our home!

Since this is all new to me, I’m starting to take advice, tips, strategies and helpful hints to prepare for my new role. Ideas like, how to create a schedule? How about, learning and exploring activities to do with Zay? Books I should read? Meal planning strategies? Places I should go with Zay? Groups I should join? And yes, even potty training tips…because we will be there before you know it! If anyone has advice, I would love to hear from you! Comment below OR email me! It is so very much appreciated! :-)

3 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Oh Jackee, you will just love it! Staying at home with our little ones is such a privilege and we're blessed to be able to. When I look back on working full-time, it's crazy to think about how much I was away from her! It's been great for our family (and it hasn't even been a month yet!), I know it will be for yours too. Congrats!

Becky Bartlett said...

Great thoughts, Jackee... I remember going through the same process when I left my perfect job at the church! I haven't regretted it since. (well, occasionally when we're having a rough day here) :) Are you going to be in IC? My sister lives in North Liberty and would have some great connections mom-wise. Otherwise, Parkview would be a great church to check out in IC, also. You are going to LOVE this!!!

J-D-K-G said...

Jackee-with all changes, it just takes some time to adjust and adapt. It is a transition. As I've learned in a moms group I'm a part of, it's the most important job God has for you-in raising your child. I would recommend the book "Simplicity Parenting." We've been studying it in the moms group through Orchard Hill. Meal planning-plan out your meals for the week (account for any nights you'll have leftovers) and get the ingredients you'll need in one shopping outing-huge lifesaver on time. Find out about story hours at the local library. Connect with some moms for play dates at parks or for neighborhood walks. Garage sale for a bike trailor (if you like to bike) and hit the trails. Plan some time for just yourself to get away when Shane is home. You'll need that refresher and you'll be a better mom for Zay when you come back. Just a few thoughts for you! Wish we lived closer as it would be fun to get together! God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...