Friday, April 1, 2011

Nothing Specific…

Just some ramblings and thoughts from our/my life this week…

  1. The past few weeks/months, I’ve been doing a Bible Study with a girlfriend of mine. It’s been so great to connect, learn, grow, stay in contact and just overall share parts of our hearts with one another! We live in different towns so we spend about 1-2 hours on the phone each Wednesday after my little Zay goes to bed. This time has been such a blessing to me! One verse that we discussed a few weeks ago…Romans 12:1-2 1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. LOVE IT! I’ve been pondering it since we discussed it!
  2. Zay is feeling great! Oh, how we’ve come to appreciate when he’s feeling good! He’s been quite the little guy the past few days. With all of his sickness we had begun to let him watch Sesame Street and Cat and the Hat. This might have been a mistake! While it has helped comfort our sick little guy, Zay now officially knows what the TV is! He will find the remote and hand it to us and use his sign language to say “please” and “more”. Oh man…that doesn’t make us feel like good parents! He’s usually content if we grab a book instead, so we are working on avoiding the TV right now! Bring on the warm weather, so we can get outside!
  3. This weekend is LOVE CEDAR VALLEY! Yea!..…for multiple reasons. For God weaving so many people’s lives together in order to work in servant roles. For the volunteers that are able to touch the lives of complete strangers with God’s love and kindness. For serving our community in positive ways. For what God does in the hearts of every person that is involved in the giving and/or receiving of Love Cedar Valley. And yea, for more time with my husband after Saturday. ;)
  4. I’m contemplating getting back on the running wagon again. I’ve taken quite a hiatus over the winter season, and it’s past time to get back at it! I used to be a runner all year around and really enjoy running. However, the past few years (basically since a little boy came into my life) I’ve found myself keeping up with my running workouts rather sporadically. I’m looking forward to some warmer weather for this reason too. Somehow being warm and light out past 7 PM, helps me get motivated for working out.
  5. I attended my first Norwex cleaning products party last weekend. I have to say…I was skeptical, but I’m fairly impressed with these products! These products can kill bacteria in our home and is non-toxic for our family – sounds like a WIN, WIN to me! Plus, according to most people I talk to the products work wonderfully too! I have a friend that is selling the products, so I agreed to host a party on May 1st. Let me know if you want to come!
  6. Thought I should clarify that I’m still on the ‘no-tv-diet’. Although our TV has been on in our house – it has never once been for me. Trust me, my programs of preference are not singing and dancing with the Cat in the Hat or learning my letters and numbers with Elmo. And if the hubby wants to watch sports, I just pick up a book and read. So, my tv-less life is going well and I eventually get told about what is happening in the world… :)
Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...