Friday, April 15, 2011

All before noon...

I'm just gonna say...I'm happy it's Friday. :) A little peak at our morning today...

This morning...we HAD to have our sandals on. Because you know, when it's the COLDEST, RAINIEST day of the month, it's appropriate to want to have your sandals on. :)

Here I am, sporting my cool sandals! And if you notice in the corner of the picture, I'm headed for the dishwasher. I'm a REALLY big help to mom when she's loading and unloading the dishwasher!

Let's have a look outside. One of my favorite things to do...give kisses through the door. Oh yeah, and that's my dog, Bongo - more to come on him later.

Hmmm...lets think about this. It's mighty cold and windy outside. But I suppose we can still venture out to get my blood drawn and go to the grocery store.

Let's go Mom...but first, you get dinner in the crockpot because I've got a few things to do.


Coffee anyone? Yep - I'm just tall enough to grab Mom's mug off the table! (Don't worry...Mom never gets to her coffee until it's cold!)


Help yourself puppies! You can thank me later for all that ENERGY you will have!


Sorry Bails...I got a little on ya.


I think I'll move on to the next place I can find trouble. Oven - sure, why not! (Oven was NOT on!)


Oh, and while Mom has her back turned - I think I'll find myself a roll of garbage bags! (I was literally 3 ft away from him when he decided to sneak into the cupboard!)


Alright, Mom. I think I've done all the damage I can to this house - let's head for the hospital and grocery store now...

And so we did...loaded up and got on our way. First stop - hospital for blood draw. We had to wait awhile and Zay was VERY entertaining to the other guests at the hospital...walking, walking, and more walking around the waiting room...all the while screaming and giggling. And guess what... when it was our turn, the technician came after Zay with only a finger poker (not sure that is the correct term for it) - she didn't even try to get a vein. She had to do a lot of squeezing, but Zay was a patient little boy and didn't shed a single tear. WaHoo! Success!

Next stop - grocery store. This is always fun. The rules are:
1. Zay gets to hold every item I pick up off the shelf. (Unless it's breakable, and then Mommy vetoes that rule)
2. Sometimes it's fun to throw things out of the cart.
Oh yeah and, 3. Zay gets to smile and giggle at all the old ladies who think he's cute.

So, we continue our shopping, going about our business...and my phone rings. It's Zay's babysitter, Lori. Immediately I'm thinking one of the kids at Zay's daycare has some contagious bug that she's letting me know about. NOPE - wrongo! She asks me if there is any way we would have a black and white dog wandering around the neighborhood. Oh man...really! I knew that it was a possibility. Our gate in our backyard hasn't been latching properly and with the winds, of course was probably Bongo.

I call my brother (who was at our house preparing to move this weekend). He sets out on foot after the escapee. I text Shane, because I knew he was in a meeting, better not call. Then I debate for a second...do I try to checkout really fast? I head to the front of the store...lines in all the checkouts. Oh man, I knew the day would come when I would have to desert my full shopping cart, but I really thought it'd be because Zay was acting up! That's what I did...grabbed my baby and ran out of the store. Oh, I'm sure I was caught, but my mind was racing on how I was going to find our Bongo!!

I kept thinking about him getting by Ansbourough or Ridgeway or 4th Street or Kimball and getting hit by a car...or someone might snatch him up...or someone would take him to the Humane Society and we'd have to pay 100 bucks or something to get him out of jail. Oh man...I was stressing!

Well...I found Tyler and we drove around for 45 minutes looking for him. I met some nice neighbors down the way, met some construction workers, and even traded glances with a lady glaring at me out her front window after the 10th time I drove slowly by her house. To her defense, I'd probably be leery too. But I was yelling BONGO, BONGO periodically...I think that's a pretty good giveaway what I'm up to...

Finally, I call Shane, but still no answer. He texts me back and tells me he's in a meeting...I was aware, but was hoping he'd be done! Not too long after, he calls me back to let me know he's on his way to help. I drop Tyler off at our house so he can get in another vehicle and we can spread out a little more. As I'm driving down our street, Tyler calls...Bongo came home!

Actually...he came home to our neighbor's backyard....And was eating baby bunnies - lovely! I don't think a dog's diet gets better than a cup of coffee topped off with a little baby bunny! Gross.

In the end...we are happy to have our Bongo back!


...And I'm sure the afternoon with this little guy will be just as exciting as our morning...

And my prediction proves to be true! Zay's doctor just called with the lab results...his thyroid is off again! Waiting for the next phone call from Iowa City to know what we change the dose to!

..EvErYdAy Is An AdVeNtUrE! :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Sounds very adventurous! I'm glad you found your doggy and that's great Isaiah only had to endure a finger stick this time! Very cute pictures :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...