Friday, February 18, 2011

Guest Post - Shane

I was just thinking, can you be a guest in your own house (family blog?). Anyway, Jackee is usually the one who writes all the posts. Well tonight she is up in our room sick. So I wanted to write a few of my thoughts down.

First, I want to tell a few stories that have gotten me through the last few months. These are stories of people giving from their heart, and helping Jackee, and especially me, in ways they probably don't realize. It starts with so many positive emails and comments to uplift our souls. Then somebody giving us an air purifier in response to reading about Isaiah's breathing problems. Then somebody giving us a shredding attachment for our blender in response to reading about Jackee spending so much time cooking. Next somebody is giving us a food processor to cut down the time even more. Now it is people contacting our Senators so Isaiah can hopefully have an easier time staying on diet and ultimately staying healthy. These acts of kindness mean more to me than an air purifier, shredder, food processor, an letters, they are the manifestations of God's love. These acts don't even begin to explain how the people around us have been supporting us. From the people at work who spend the 30 minutes to hear about our struggles, to our babysitter who takes unbelievable care of Isaiah, to our small group that is there to listen and support us, to our brother and sister in law who watch Isaiah whenever asked, to our parents who are there for anything we ask; we are surrounded by God's Grace. I can't thank you enough for your support.

Next, if you are reading this, you already know what a special kid Isaiah is. Words really don't express how much I love him. He brings me so much joy and happiness. He has been through so much in the few months he has been here. He is so strong. When I get home at night and I see his smile, it gives me such a sense of purpose. In the moments when life gets the hardest, I know why I keep fighting. Since Isaiah was born, we have fought and fought. There have been times when it has been overwhelming, but Isaiah makes it worth it. I know that he is going to grow up and do something amazing. I have faith in God. I know that he will be able to draw on his hardships and struggles to help others.

Last, Jackee has made multiple posts saying how I am a good husband, but I feel like I married the greatest woman in the world. I joke around that I married up, but that really is an understatement. Her grace and courage through our trials have been amazing. She rarely angers, but almost always shows love. She is so humble she consistently undersells her own abilities. She would love to spend more time with Isaiah, but needs to work. She is always worried that she needs to do more. She gives all of herself to Isaiah and me. She truly is my gift from God.

Just like everyone else, we have struggles, and it is your kind words and actions that helps us through it. Thank you to everyone. Thank you for supporting us, thank you for caring about Isaiah. Finally, thank you Jackee for being you!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...