Wednesday, June 16, 2010

½ Year Old!

I cannot believe that our little boy is 6 months old today!

This morning I overheard Shane talking to Isaiah, telling him “Can you believe you’ve been outside of your mommy’s belly for 6 MONTHS already!?!?” I just had to laugh. I feel like I’m slowly forgetting what it was like to be pregnant. I always told Shane that I wasn’t one of those “glowing pregnant ladies”, but I have to admit, I’m so thankful that I got to experience being pregnant with our little Zay! I’ll never forget the highlights of Isaiah’s pregnancy and birth. Truly a miracle!

Isaiah has been changing so much lately. He is really getting very independent, but at the same time he is quite aware if you aren't in the same room as him! Usually letting us know if he’s just hanging out by himself. When he’s sitting on our laps, he’s a squirmy lil worm. And he’s always happy to be on the floor rolling around. He’s definitely learned the art of fighting sleep, and although sleeping through the night still isn’t happening, we couldn’t ask for a happier baby when he wakes up. Even in the middle of the night when he’s awake – he’s HAPPY! It’s hard to not play into his big smiley face...I just want to just love him up, but I also realize that 1am is not playtime and we better not start any habits!

Isaiah has been sitting up completely unassisted for awhile now. He also rolls in every direction…definitely mobile now, but not too fast yet. (Talk to me again in a week) :) He will scoot on his belly and gets himself all turned around trying to reach for his toys. We’ve started eating baby food this past month. We both usually end up a sticky mess after dinner time! He’s learned how to blow raspberries…and it’s too hard not to laugh at him when he does this while eating! This is usually encouraged by the parent who is NOT doing the feeding…yeah, I know we are mature and teaching very good table manners! :)

Isaiah officially got moved to a new car seat this last week. It’s a little bittersweet. Every morning I’d tell Zay “Heave Ho – In Ya Go” as I’d boost him into the car. So I’m happy to not have to lug that infant seat around anymore, but at the same time this just means he’s getting so big! Speaking of “so big”…this is definitely one of his favorite games. You get him started raising his hands above his head and he just wants to keep going!

We’ve really been enjoying our nightly walks…I’m hoping to get back into jogging with him, but right now it’s a little jogging, but mainly walking. We did a 5K together two weekends ago. A year ago I ran the same race, while I was 12 weeks pregnant with Zay and this year I walked it with him in the stroller! Maybe next year I will be back running it again! Zay really enjoys looking around on our walks and usually gets a good nap out of the deal. I think the fresh air has been good for his sleeping too!

I think that’s all the updates for now! We are really looking forward to an enjoyable summer with our boy! So many more changes to come!

**I’ll try to get a 6 month picture up soon!! And hopefully Bailey will get some good shots of Zay this month too! :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

I am behind, but thank you for the encouraging words you had posted about the "size issue" with Noah. It is very comforting to know Noah is not the only one that grew so fast. I think he is leveling off with his weight gain, he is pulling up and crawling everywhere! I totally understand about the car seat, Noah has been out of his infant seat for several months. It has been a whole lot easier not having to carry that seat around. Your little Isaiah is so cute, I look forward to reading more.
~Julie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...