Wednesday, October 10, 2012

he's all grown up!

Ok, I'll admit it...there are a few rare occasions when I baby my little boy. Sometimes I drive my husband crazy when I coddle him more than I should. I'm sure I'm not the first nor the last mommy who just wants to believe that their babies are staying small for longer than they actually are...

Don't get me wrong, I want both my children to grow up and be independent and not need me one day. I'm just in no hurry whatsoever! 

I've noticed though...my little guy is growing up by leaps and bounds these days. I feel like we brought Ellie home from the hospital and Zay just went and grew up overnight. He seems to be a self-sufficient little boy that rarely wants mommy's help. I'm happy and heavyhearted all at the same time! 

This last Sunday he went to his first Sunday School class...and rather than turning on the tears for being left without the company of Mom or Dad, he didn't want to leave when the class was done! And he prefers to help and have opinions with everything these days. From picking out his cup for the day, to making his milk, to making smoothies, to throwing away Ellie's diapers, to giving Ellie her binky/blanket/burpcloth/bottle/bath. He's a helper! 

Today I stopped to really think about all this independence...well, actually Zay made me think about this...  


The simple act of getting his shoes on. On a normal day, Zay will let me help him in order to speed up the process. Not the case today...



I'm fully aware that children grow up fast...but is there any way to slow this process down? I'm realizing that on the days when potty training is a challenge and I'm wiping a runny nose more times than I can count and I've listened to more whining than any normal human can tolerate and I get asked the same questions one-thousand times in a row and sticky fingers get put on walls, furniture, toys and yes, into into our dog's mouths ...I am blessed beyond what I can fathom. I'm witnessing him grow up right in front of me - what more could I ask for? 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...