Wednesday, October 3, 2012

marshmallows & messes

I'm slowing adjusting to balancing my life at home with two little babes. Ok, I know Zay is far from a baby, but I still like to believe he's my little boy! 

Surprisingly enough, the transition to two kiddos has gone exceptionally well! I've been amazed that I can actually survive with a 2-year-old + a newborn + very little sleep! Yay me! 

However.........I am trying hard to find a balance between watching Mickey Mouse while mommy nurses Ellie and finding toys/games/activities for Zay to be entertained with. He generally does very well at playing by himself for awhile before needing my attention, but in our current situation Ellie seems to need me fairly frequently. Thankfully, this is frequently and not constantly! And thankfully Zay is understanding, patient and very helpful! 

I'm working on finding more activities for Zay to do independently with minimal supervision, but if anyone has some suggestions I would be thrilled to hear them! 

Today we had fun with some marshmallows and toothpicks! Simple. Easy. Fun!



 

And a quick pic of the little sis...snoozing away!


And while we are busy with the afore mentioned tasks, projects and entertainment.....well apparently the toy cleanup isn't happening...!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...