Thursday, July 28, 2011

Are we getting ready for something?

I recently picked up a potty seat.

Side Note: Decided on the seat rather than the entire potty chair. I’m not sure if I’m practical about this, but my thinking is I’d rather not have to clean out a potty chair, and I’d like Zay to get used to sitting on the actual toilet so when we are in public he is already used to using the real thing. Plus, we’ve always had small bathrooms. There’s just not enough room for a(nother) potty! Any words of wisdom from mom's who have been through this? I guess we will see if my theory holds up!

With that being said – I think we have a bit before Zay’s ready for potty training! He enjoys sitting on the seat, while brushing his teeth but otherwise really doesn’t care too much about the whole potty business. But now, when he's ready – I’m ready!















4 comments:

Jill said...

Jackee, We also skipped the "chair" and went for the "seat". I didn't want to clean out the potty either. :-) Now, you just need a step stool so he can climb up there himself.
I really enjoy reading your blog. Your posts are great!

Anonymous said...

My son was a very slow learner for the potty....but we also went straight to the seat for him. He used it well, along with a step stool since he was too short to climb up! :) He didn't really get the whole using the potty idea til about 3 years old. But once he decided he was going to do it, that was that.

Julie said...

We did the seat instead of the chair also. It was easier not having to clean out a small potty and they did get used to using the big one. Also, we used a step stool so they could get up and down easily. It also comes in handy for the sink and handwashing.

Kris Hoskinson said...

cute blog! thanks for the tips also:) i appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...