Thursday, August 26, 2010

guest post by me, Shane...

my wife thought i should spend some time making a post on our 'family blog'...she told me to write 26 things about myself that the everyday blog reader might not know...

1. I am 26 years old, thus 26 things (1 down 25 to go, thanks wifey!!!!)
2. I voluntarily encouraged one of my in-laws to move in with me, and that was after his fiance already lived with us. (I am a glutton for punishment).
3. The Vanilla Oreos are so much better.
4. I am the luckiest man in the world, I married up.
5. I have an Ipad (due to my wife), and I love it.
6. If I had my way, I would have a concrete backyard.
7. I met and proposed to Jackee in the same room on the UNI Campus, inside the Curris Business Building.
8. I like phones, like a lot.
9. I pretty much am addicted to technology
10. I like google products, some of you know this about me.
11. I have not owned a gaming system since I got married (due to my wife). The things a man will do for love.
12. Jackee will not allow my original comment for number 12 to be posted on this "family" blog.
13. I like to learn and read.
14. I am a better man than I was 6 years ago (due to my wife).
15. When I was little I had a horrible speech problem, it was so bad my brother used to dial Hooked on Phonics and have me talk regularly as a prank. "Hoofed on bonics rorked fur me. Yem sum good stuf"
16. I am not a violent person...except....(deleted by Jackee)
17. I am a Momma's Boy.
18. I broke my arm when I was 7 really bad, like three bones and a dislocated shoulder. It happened at 4, my brother picked me up from the babysitter at 8, he ate a pizza, had a car break down, and I finally got to the hospital at like midnight.
19. My brothers have been two of the best mentors in my life, they are 9 and 15 years older than me.
20. I love playing, watching, and teaching basketball.
21. I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.
22. I haven't had a pop since 2002 (not due to my wife, she has never seen me drink pop). It is true, I am a recovering popaholic.
23. One of the hardest things for me to get over since Zay has PKU is that I will never be able to grill a steak and have a beer with him!!!!
24. I am one of those crazy dog loving people.
25. I have learned that I love going for runs, but I am going on nearly 8 months of having an injury that stops me from going much farther than 1 mile.
26. Jesus is my bff, like seriously forever.

Now my wife has to do this!!!!! 27 for her, she robbed the craddle (due to me).

2 comments:

Julie said...

Funny stuff! Took me a second to figure out what "pop" is, I'm from the south where every kind of soda is called "coke"...

Jennifer Rice said...

I agree with what Julie said. I haven't heard it called pop since my ex-step-mother! LOL! It was nice to "meet" you Shane...that was hilarious! You should try to convince her that Nintendo Wii is good for your health...we love ours, but haven't played it at all since Carson has become our entertainment! And I agree with you...vanilla Oreos are MUCH better!!! I HATE the other ones! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...