Saturday, March 13, 2010

Done...

Breastfeeding that is. I really mean ALMOST done breastfeeding. It’s been a long three months. And to be completely honest, I wish it weren’t ending. The past few days I’ve really felt defeated. I honestly can’t believe how much I want to breastfeed and how guilty it makes me feel for throwing in the towel.


But, the truth of the matter is, our little Isaiah now weighs over 14 lbs. And I just can’t keep up with his eating habits, even with him taking some of his special formula! Since I’ve gone back to work, I just don’t seem to be producing enough for our little guy. I do feel like I’ve given breastfeeding my best shot, but it still makes me sad to know that I’m done with this part of being a mommy.


I guess, there comes a time when you can’t make any more lactation cookies (although they are tasty!), drink anymore special teas, or take anymore pills to try to increase your milk. It might be different if I was with my baby all day and could actually nurse him, or if we didn't have to give him a bottle for his Periflex formula or his thyroid medicine. But sometimes we just have to deal with what we are given and just be ok with it. Even if I’m not completely sold on the idea, I know that I cannot stress myself out by trying to do it all...and my husband keeps reminding me of this! I made it to 3 months, and I guess it's not as good as what other mommies can do, but it's just going to have to be ok for us...


1 comment:

alisha said...

Way to go Jackee! 3 months is a long time! You did good!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...