Saturday, July 12, 2008

Weeding

Today I finally did it...I finally spent the majority of my afternoon weeding the flower garden in our backyard. This has been a chore that I've been dreading for a LONG time. I'm a little embarrassed to say that I did not touch our flower garden one time last summer. Just looking into our backyard overwhelms me! And weeding is one of those chores that truly weakens me. I wish so badly I could say I enjoyed it like both of my next door neighbors, however I am beginning to think it's never going to happen. And I am certain there is no hope for my husband, therefore I will continue to do it because I have to...just like cleaning the bathrooms. :) Our yard has so many beautiful flowers and the landscaping was done so nicely...however since I hadn't touched it in a year, it was overgrown and out of control! Although I still wasn't a 100% sure the difference between some of the flowers and weeds, I thought I better give it a try before our backyard turns into a jungle!

Piles and piles of weeds!

Not perfect...but better.

And so, I will continue to battle with the weeds...But make no mistake: the weeds will win; nature bats last.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...