Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A final farewell to INVISION Architecture

..."beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that counts the most."
-Hope Floats

Yesterday was my last day as a working mom.

Oh man...it was harder than I thought it was going to be! I was so sad to leave there for the last time.

I feel so blessed to have worked for such a great company for the last 4+ years. I've built some great friendships and will miss seeing everyone so much!

I can't believe how much they spoiled me during my last week!

I enjoyed not one but TWO farewell lunches...one of which was a celebration with the entire office! Coffee at Cottonwood Canyon with my boss on my last day. Multiple treats at breaktime! And even gifts!

So many people said so many kind words, which makes it so hard to leave. But an email from my husband brought me back to the reason for the change..."You will be missed there by everyone, but their loss is Zay and my gain. I love you."

A final picture with me and (most) of the crew! (Notice the conference table...yes that is a makeshift ping pong table - that is how fun our office is!)


Our administrative team out to lunch.


A picture with one of my favorite coworkers - Hovey!

Hovey is one of the original partners of the firm. He is 85 years old and still comes to work EVERY day! (Before we moved to our new office, he WALKED 10 flights of stairs to get to our office everyday!) He is an amazing guy and I hope that when I'm in my 80s, I am still skiing, running, working, and making a huge difference to the people around me like he has!!! His words to me...

Jackee – I have more “thanks” to give you than you can ever have for me. How many times have you fixed my computer problems? Let’s see:

4 years x 10 months x 20 days x 7.50 hours = 6,000 hours you were there to solve my problems. So I have at least 6,000 hours to thank you for. It was great to have you here.

I wish you good luck in your new situation and know you will make to most of it.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank

( you get my response to your stay with us)



And on my last day my coworkers gave me this framed art...hard to see but everyone's picture is on there and it says:
"We can no other answer make, but thanks and thanks." - William Shakespeare


Grateful to have worked there, thankful to have met so many fabulous people, and excited to stay in touch with everyone!

Farewell INVISION!!


1 comment:

The Jones Family said...

I know what you mean! My last day was sad too. But there's just no comparison to being home with your little one. It's amazing to be there for every moment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...