Friday, October 28, 2011

The first week...

Well, we've made it to Friday...and without any major catastrophes might I add! Just jotting down some random thoughts about my first week as a stay at home mom...

-Zay is REALLY fun to hang out with all day long! I feel like we've bonded! :)
-Zay can also be a handful and a headache. We've had quite a lot of timeouts and testing the limits this week.
-Zay is the happiest in the morning. When he wakes up refreshed from a full night's sleep, it's a ton of fun to just play and read and hangout with him!
-My house is no cleaner than it was when I was working...however the dishes are done and laundry is caught up. Yea!!!
-I notice what our neighbors are doing all day long...I'm not trying to notice - it just so happens that I'm around to see what goes down in our neighborhood throughout the day. Thankfully nothing more than a little house remodeling and taking walks!
-It's actually HARD for me to take a nap during the day. Although I'm exhausted because Zay is still waking up crazy early each morning, I feel like when Zay is down for a nap I need to hurry up and do anything I want to do before he wakes up!
-It's a great feeling when Shane gets home, we eat dinner, clean up, and there are still HOURS to hangout and just relax as a family.
-And I'm not really sure how we all got fed most days/nights when I was working. Actually making nice dinners for BOTH Zay and us is WORK...but I'm enjoying it for the most part!
-Daytime TV isn't worth watching. I haven't had the TV on too much, but I'm even disappointed in the Today Show. How many times can you see segments on fall fashion?
-I think I much prefer doing a little laundry everyday, rather than letting it stack up into unmanageable piles and tackling it all in 2 days!
-I need a schedule! I like lists and knowing what I need to accomplish for the day. I've gotten plenty done each day, but somehow I need to figure out a routine for us.
-And most of all I've found that our home truly is where my heart is. Shane made the comment last night that it is fun for him to see me in this new role - he said I looked like I was in my element. That's always a nice thing to hear when you are starting something new and unknown!

I'm so thankful that God put the role of being a mother in my life and on my heart, and that Shane has encouraged me to fulfill it. What a huge blessing and not one I take for granted!

1 comment:

Julie said...

It is truly a blessing, I'm glad you are enjoying it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...