Thursday, February 11, 2010

Growing up...

Wow! Our little guy is almost 2 months old! As I sat down to write this, I really didn’t think I had much news on Isaiah, but really there are lots of things I want to record and remember and just plain take the time to enjoy. I know these moments of him being a baby are flying by. I feel like in another month I’m going to look back again and wonder…”where did the time go”!? I think it’s something that happens when you become a parent…time just goes faster.

(This is before I lost all my red hair...mom and dad are waiting to see if it stays red when it grows back!)

Isaiah is such a special boy. We’ve been so blessed to have him as our son. There are lots of little things that he does that we celebrate, just because it’s his first time doing it. And I know I’m going to miss all these little wonders when he’s older.
(It's a task to catch my smiles on camera...this is the best mommy could do.)

This month Isaiah has really started smiling. He’s got the cutest big gummy grin ever! He usually gives it to us the best right after he’s been asleep for awhile. So mornings are great with him! He will sometimes give a grin in his sleep, but usually he will only pull it out if you get really excited and talk to him. It’s pretty darn cute! (I sometimes think it would be funny to videotape us talking to him…I bet we sound hilarious, not to mention what we actually talk to him about!)
He’s starting to coo and talk a lot more, but we are still trying to convince him to have conversations with us. He makes all kinds of funny noises in his sleep. This isn’t always easy on mom who wakes up to each and every noise coming from his pack and play.
(This is a better picture of my bald head)

Isaiah has the sweetest look on his face when you are feeding him. His eyes can just melt my heart. I feel like his eyes show so much love when he’s looking up at you. And I just feel like he needs me so much when I’m feeding him. Like I tell Shane, I know that other people can take care of my little boy, but one of the hardest things for me to do is let go of control. I do it to Shane on a regular basis…I (unconsciously) don’t ask for help on certain things, because I feel like I want to provide for him. I want to make sure he is ok. I want to feel his love and need for me. It’s a little selfish, but I am his mommy – and I was always told that Mom knows best!


(I'm still not loving tummy time and sometimes I just fall asleep!)

Another thing to note about this past month is Isaiah’s gas. Yes, normally having gas is somewhat of a laughing matter at our house, but not when it’s as painful as our little boy’s! It breaks my heart when he’s got such an upset stomach and this is usually daily. We think that his special formula is the cause of this. We’ve been using Gripe Water lately and it seems to help. But when we hear his painful shrieks, it’s about the saddest thing in the world! I hope he continues to feel better and we can stop using the gripe water soon.


(yep, I'm still sporting some of my Christmas outfits...if it fits, I wear it!)
Isaiah started daycare last week. He’s been doing pretty well. His very first comment from Lori was “He’s a good eater”. Ha! We know that one! He takes a bottle like a champ! And since we’ve had to put him on his formula he’s not a picky eater at all! Everyday we also have to crush up a pill (actually it’s a pill and a half that we have to cut in half and crush…annoying that they don’t make a thyroid medicine in a liquid form for a baby…oh well), put it in water and give it to him through a medicine dropper. He usually takes this a little warm, because the pill will dissolve faster in warm water. His bottles are usually luke warm/room temperature. And then he takes his gripe water cold from the fridge. What a laid back little boy!


(Mommy thinks I look cute in my Old Navy hat!)

We also continue to think that he’s looking more like Shane than me, but I honestly cannot tell who he looks like. We compared baby pictures and he definitely looks more like Shane’s baby pictures. That’s ok, he can be handsome like his daddy!






1 comment:

Jennifer Rice said...

How neat...Carson has some red hair too. Here lately he has lost even more of it, so we are also waiting (and hoping) to see if it comes back red!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...