Friday, December 11, 2009

trip to the doctor today...

But not to have a baby. :(

TODAY IS THE DAY!

Our little guy's DUE DATE...

but obviously he didn't get the memo!

And for now, we will let him run the show...

We did make a trip to the doctor today, because I've been fighting a cold all week and just can't seem to get over it. Usually Shane is the one that catches these kind of things and can't shake them, but this time I was the lucky one! I usually am a stubborn person when it comes to going to the doctor, but Shane insisted on taking me because I've been fighting with this cold for a week and it's really affecting my sleeping. Doctor says I have a bad sinus infection, and gave me some antibiotics hoping that things will clear up fast in case I actually decide to have a baby one of these days!

It was actually kind of a blessing that we could go to the Doctor today...we met the Dr. that is going to be our little guy's pediatrician and our family doctor. We got some recommendations on what immunizations our baby will need and which ones to wait on. Shane was able to get his H1N1 shot. All good things that came out of our trip to the doctor today. And hopefully after a day or two of the antibiotics, I'll be only uncomfortable from being 9 months pregnant and not from being sick! :)

And so...from here we wait. But not too much longer! My doctor is going to induce me next Wednesday if he hasn't come on his own yet. Everyone I talk to can't believe I'm still pregnant. I've been dilated for 4 weeks and I'm at 3 cm and 80% effaced. He is also extremely low in my pelvis. He's not making things the most comfortable for mom, but we are hanging in there! It will all be so worth it when we finally get to meet our baby boy!!! We can't wait!

Hopefully our next post will be the BIG announcement! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...