Monday, August 3, 2009

Christmas on the Lake!

This past weekend Shane and I took some of the couples in our small group to Lake Delhi again. The weekend just happened to be Christmas on the Lake. We decorated my parent's pontoon in Christmas lights and the shoreline was decked out in Christmas blowups thanks to our friend Bailey who LOVES blowup yard decorations! :) And our efforts weren't left un-rewarded...we placed 2nd in the "Best Decorated Boat" category. We had a few issues when all of us piled on the boat...we were quite weighted down and one particular boat made a HUGE wave right in front of us...we had a big wave come over the top of the front rail on the pontoon!!! And guess who was sitting in front!?!? Somehow I managed to block the wave for every other person on the boat. 9:00 at night, 50 degree temps, and soaking wet clothes = freezing Jackee! I ended up stripping down and wrapping some towels around me to stay warm...I took one for the team and spent the rest of the night in my underwear...haha. It was a night to remember!!

Eating some dinner before heading out on the boat!


Putting final touches on the decorating...our theme was "Hunting for Santa"


The whole crew (minus mom, the picture taker) getting ready to go out.


Shane and I...before the wave!


Shane and I the day after...it was a gorgeous day. We really love spending time in Delhi.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...