Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Zay and Ellie experienced their first college class! Our family was invited to speak to first year medical students at UofI yesterday. The whole family came and our PKU doctor joined us! I'm so thankful for each of those students that we spoke to...They will someday care for kids and patients just like Zay and Ellie!!! What a great experience! And let's just say, Zay was NOT shy... His exact words after he FINALLY had a chance to hold the microphone... "This is going to be a little awkward..." (And my heart begins to race as I have NO idea what is about to come out of his mouth!!!) "I really, really, really like Superhero Legos!". Phew...dodged an embarrassing bullet there! ;)


via Instagram http://ift.tt/1TZJESR

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I am a 1st year physician assistant student at the U of I. I would like to say big thanks to all of you for coming to our class and sharing your stories (and it was 8 in the morning!). I had no clue about PKU until I learned in the class. I cannot imagine what your family has been going through, but at the same time it's so nice to know that all of you have such positive attitudes and great support. It was really inspirational. Thanks again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...