Tuesday, June 5, 2012

6 months prego...yay!

A fun little comparison of the 6 month prego belly! I'm not good at taking weekly pics of my pregnancies, however I'm glad I did take some throughout Zay's pregnancy...it's fun to compare what his pregnancy was like to this one! And it's fun to look back and see that this particular pair of jeans must be my favorite...they aren't even maternity jeans, but they seem to work great well into 6 months of pregnancy! :)


Some differences between Zay's pregnancy and this little girl's pregnancy....

1. I was much more sick the first trimester with little girl...

2. I was much more active (running, walking, exercising in general) with Zay's pregnancy...

3. I stopped playing volleyball very early on when I was pregnant with Zay (doctor's recommendation)...I'm fairly certain having a 2-year-old is much more dangerous to a baby in utero than the chances of a flying ball hitting my protruding belly. However, my doc never recommended I do away with caring for my 2-year-old.  :)

4. I have eaten a comparable amount of sweets with each pregnancy...hmmm, about the same as I do when I'm NOT pregnant. Maybe this isn't a pregnancy symptom at all! 

5. It has been equally exciting feeling the little baby move...there is just nothing that compares to having a little one kicking away inside you! 

6. Little girl is the first time I think I've had a breach baby. At the last two ultrasounds she's been head up...Zay was always head down. Really hoping the little lady flips around once we start getting closer to 'go time'! 

7. I'm sensing that I'll be dealing with swelling this time around. Not that I've noticed it yet, but with the heat that comes with summer time and my continual weight gain, I think it's inevitable.

8. I hang out in t-shirts....a lot. Most of my maternity clothes I had from Zay were dress clothes for work. And having him in December, they were all warm weather clothes too! So thankful for another mom from our new church that gave me a couple bags of maternity shirts she was done with. Yay!

9. Shopping...I actually think I did more shopping for Zay at this point in my pregnancy! There obviously was so much more to buy when it's your first. However, I have yet to really buy any clothes for little girl! (We have some...gifts, garage sales, etc) I just don't want to go overboard with all the clothes...for a couple different reasons. 1.) I stay home now, so laundry happens nearly everyday...I can wash clothes more and don't need nearly the stash! 2.) As of right now, we still haven't found a house...so for the short term Zay and baby girl might be sharing a room - and that means sharing a closet too! Clutter tends to stress me out, so hopefully I can survive this transition time for our family! 

10. And one more difference from Zay to baby girl.....I think we are going to do cloth diapers this time around! I've been talking with a friend it's been a lot of fun learn about this. I've been so hesitant, but once again...since I'm home now it seems like a no brainer to at least give it a try! As we are navigating potty training with Zay right now (which he's doing great with...most days!) I still cringe at the cost of disposable diapers...yikes!!! We will see how it goes! 

3 comments:

Jennifer Rice said...

I am SO jealous of how skinny you are! I have GOT to get some exercise! I gained 35 pounds with this one (only 23 with Carson) and have only lost 15. Sigh. I lost it all like it was nothing after Carson. I also ate ALOT more sweets with this pregnancy. It's all I wanted! Chocolate in any form-cake, cookies, ice cream! I'm the opposite of you, I had Carson in summer and Maggie in winter (although the day she was born it was 85 degrees!). The first pregnancy was much easier for me. I swam alot and that kept me feeling great. In winter there was nothing I could do so I just got as big as a barn! lol I am SO happy for you! Good luck!

Allison Mussig said...

We used cloth with V and just loved them! Go for it!!!

Julie said...

So exciting! I got by with alot less stuff with my second baby, and even less than that with my third. You really realize what you need, and what you don't.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...